When Sending a Donation to a Disaster,
Remember To Donate Responsibly
Upcoming General Membership Meetings
February 15, 2017; 3 to 4:30pm
Sacramento Region VOAD
We are an all-inclusive coalition of faith and community-based organizations, including but not limited to: congregations, organizations such as: Salvation Army, American Red Cross, food banks, 2-1-1, FEMA, and the state/city/county Office of Emergency Services.
Sacramento Regional VOAD is part of a national network of VOAD organizations. The VOAD network responds to disasters more effectively by working and planning together before disasters strike. Once disasters occur, a VOAD is ready to respond with resources, volunteers and coordination of services to those who need assistance during and after a disaster.
Our Mission The Mission of the Sacramento Region VOAD is to bring together organizations active in disaster recovery to foster an effective response to people in times of disaster through:
- Cooperation: Creating a system of cooperation and information exchange.
- Coordination: Fostering a common understanding and providing a liaison with public offices.
- Communication: Publishing and disseminating information.
- Education: Increasing mutual awareness and understanding of each organization and encouraging effective disaster relief.
- Resources: Facilitate resource management.
- Convening mechanisms: Arranging meetings, conferences and training as necessary.
- Mitigation: Cooperating and encouraging governmental bodies at all levels to take necessary action to prevent or minimize potential disasters and their effect on people.
To view the current officers and members on the Sacramento Region's Steering Committee, please click here. To view the current bylaws of the Sacramento Region VOAD, please click here. Would you like to be added to the Sacramento Region VOAD list serve? If you represent a community-based or faith-based organization or government entity that has a role in disaster and would like notification of Sacramento Region VOAD meetings and events, please email: Valeri Mihanovich Sacramento Region VOAD Coordinator: email@example.com
Sacramento Region VOAD is supported by:
Funding from Homeland Security Grant Award #2010-0085, granted by FEMA to the CA Emergency Mgmt. Agency, and Sub-Granted to California Volunteers, an office of the CA Governor, and Sub-Awarded to: Community Link Capitol Region.