Inspire. Equip. Mobilize.
Formerly Hands On Sacramento, the Regional Center for Volunteerism-HandsOn Superior California (HOSC) was created in 1998 as a program of Community Link in response to the community's need for a full‐service volunteer action center. Founding volunteers wanted to create social change through volunteerism and education, believing that each person's involvement will make a real difference in our community.
We now serve the entire Sacramento region (Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado and Nevada Counties) with more than 8,000+ registered volunteers and 450+ non-profits. As a leading volunteer agency in the Sacramento region and proud member of the Hands On Network, our commitment to innovative social change is demonstrated through our many roles in the community. These include:
- Connecting individuals and groups to volunteer opportunities through our online matching system.
- Offering support and training to non-profit organizations that endeavor to provide more meaningful volunteer experiences, increase capacity and meet more community needs.
- Providing volunteer management services for large scale community events and corporate volunteer days.
- Hosting the Sacramento Region Corporate Volunteer Council, where corporate representatives come together to share knowledge and build networks for employee volunteerism and social responsibility in business.
- Coordinating annual “Days of Service” event that bring up to 700 volunteers together to celebrate community and assist non-profits in need.
- Serving as the Emergency Volunteer Center in times of disaster.